DID YOU KNOW?
The Bremerton School District is proud of the many specialized programs that promote individual growth and learning opportunities for our students. This section is dedicated to sharing the accomplishments of our various programs, students and our schools.
Also, check out our "Making Headlines
" section where the Bremerton School District is highlighted locally, across the state, and in the nation.
- All-Day Kindergarten is FREE for all students in Bremerton;
- Crownhill Elementary and Naval Avenue Early Learning Center received WA Achievement Awards this year; Crownhill receive the 2012 National Title I Distinguished School Award;
- Bremerton has the only K-5 Spanish Immersion Program in Kitsap County;
- West Hills is the only K-7 (growing to be K-8) STEM Academy program in the state - focusing on Science, Technology, Engineering and Math;
- Child Nutrition Services received a Fresh Fruits & Vegetables Federal Grant for $19,500 to help encourage kids to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables;
- Our graduation rate continues to increase every year;
- More than $2 million in scholarships were awarded to Bremerton students in 2012;
- Every grade level continues to show increased student achievement;
- Our reading, math and science curriculums are research-based to enhance student learning;
- Bremerton is proud of its nationally recognized Early Childhood Program;
- Staff are provided with Professional Development using research-driven best practices;
- Bremerton maintains high-quality buildings and grounds.